Longhurst Group Limited
50 Newhall Hill,
A charitable housing association registered as a community benefit society (Reg. No. 8009)
Longhurst & Havelok Homes Limited
Gilbert Drive, Boston,
A co-operative and community benefit society. Registration number 30779R.
Spire Homes (LG) Limited
1 Crown Court,
A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registration number 04043921.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority: FRN 672974
Friendship Care and Housing Limited
50 Newhall Hill,
A co-operative and community benefit society. Registration number 31247R.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority: FRN 672706.
Axiom Housing Association
A co-operative and community benefit society. Registration number 17971R.
Keystone Developments (LG) Limited
Gilbert Drive, Boston,
A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registration number 04285612.
Libra (Longhurst Group) Treasury Plc
Gilbert Drive, Boston,
Registered as public limited company 08077172.
Terms and conditions
- Reference in these terms to the Sites includes longhurstgroup.org.uk, landh.org.uk, spire-homes.org.uk, keystonedevelopments.org.uk, fch.org.uk and all other associated web pages.
- You should read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Sites.
- By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the documents referred to in them.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these terms, you should stop using the Sites immediately.
- If you have any questions about the Sites, please contact:
- email@example.com in respect of longhurstgroup.org.uk and landh.org.uk;
- firstname.lastname@example.org in respect of spire-homes.org.uk;
- email@example.com in respect of keystonedevelopments.org.uk; and
- firstname.lastname@example.org in respect of fch.org.uk.
Content: means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the sites;
Intellectual Property Rights: means rights such as copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world);
Unwanted Submission: has the meaning given to it in clause 5.1;
We, us or our: means Longhurst Group Limited (“Longhurst”), a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registration number 03958380 and VAT registration number 763 7502 19 and whose registered office is at 50 Newhall Hill, Birmingham, B1 3JN. References to us in these terms also includes our group companies from time-to-time including:
- Longhurst & Havelok Homes Limited (“L&H”), an industrial and provident society registered in England and Wales with registered number IP030779 and VAT registration number 763 7502 19 and whose registered office is at Leverett House, Gilbert Drive, Endeavour Park, Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 7TQ;
- Spire Homes (LG) Limited (“Spire”) a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registration number 04043921 and VAT registration number 763 7502 19 and whose registered office is at 1 Crown Court, Crown Way, Rushden, Northamptonshire NN10 6BS;
- Friendship Care and Housing Limited (“Friendship”), an industrial and provident society registered in England and Wales with registered number IP031247 and VAT registration number 763 7502 19 and whose registered office is at 50 Newhall Hill, Birmingham B1 3JN;
- Axiom Housing Association Limited (“Axiom”), a co-operative and community benefit society with registration number 17971R and VAT registration number 763 7502 19 and whose registered office is at Axiom House, Cottesmore Close, Peterborough PE3 9TP;
- Keystone Developments (LG) Limited (“Keystone”), a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registration number 04285612 and VAT registration number 829 9433 83 and whose registered office is at Leverett House, Gilbert Drive, Endeavour Park, Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 7TQ; and
- Libra (Longhurst Group) Treasury plc (“Libra”), a public limited company registered in England and Wales with registration number 08077172 and whose registered office is at Leverett House, Gilbert Drive, Endeavour Park, Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 7TQ. Together, the (“Longhurst Group”).
You or your: means the person accessing or using the Sites or its Content.
- We are a member of the National Housing Federation (maintained by Longhurst, L&H, Spire, Friendship, Axiom, Keystone and Libra).
- We are regulated by the Social Housing Regulator under the Housing Act 1996 (Longhurst with registered number L4277, L&H with registered number LH4542, Spire with registered number LH4302, Friendship with registered number 4654) and Axiom with registered number L3095).
Using the site
- The sites are for your personal and non-commercial use only and primarily for accessing information about us and as a resource for contacting us.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for:
All costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the sites; and
Keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- The sites are intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the sites from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
- We seek to make the sites as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the sites, please contact us at the addresses in condition above and/or use the website accessibility tools available at top of each page on the sites.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the sites if you do not comply with any part of these website terms and conditions, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
- Use of the sites in any other way, including in contravention of any restriction on use set out in these terms and conditions, is not permitted. If you do not agree with the terms, you may not use the sites.
Restrictions on use
As a condition of your use of the sites, you agree:
- not to use the sites for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by these website terms and conditions of use;
- not to use the sites to commit any act of fraud;
- not to use the sites to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to use the sites for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- not to use the sites to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- not to use the sites in any manner that disrupts the operation of our sites or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- not to use the sites in any manner that harms minors;
- not to promote any unlawful activity;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- not to use the sites to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods; and
- to comply with the provisions relating to our Intellectual Property Rights contained in condition 4 below.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- The sites and all Intellectual Property Rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these terms and conditions. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any legal rights in the sites other than as necessary to enable you to access the Sites. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the sites (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the sites.
- Provided condition 4.2 is complied with in its entirety, we shall allow you to copy documents or pages published by us on the sites for your own non-commercial use only.
- Trademarks: ‘LONGHURST’ is our trademark and any third party trademarks used on the Sites (if any) are trademarks of their respective owners. Other trademarks and trade names may also be used on these Sites. The use of any trade marks on our sites is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
Submitting information to the site
- While we try to make sure that the sites are secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (unwanted submissions). While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any unwanted submissions.
- We may use any unwanted submissions as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis (bear in mind that we have no way of knowing whether such information is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable because we do not monitor the sites to check for these matters). Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any unwanted submissions confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such unwanted submissions.
Accuracy of information and availabilty of the sites
- While we try to make sure that the sites are accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that they will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the sites will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on these sites is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of the sites at any time as we see fit.
- Any content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us, our products, news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- While we try to make sure that the sites are available for your use, we do not promise that the sites will be available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the sites.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
The sites may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the sites. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party's website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Linking and framing
You may create a link to our sites from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our site;
- implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our site;
- displays any of the trademarks or logos used on our sites without our permission or that of the owner of such trademarks or logos; or
- is placed on a website that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this policy.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the sites at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
Limitation on our liability
- death or personal injury caused by our negligent acts or omissions (or those of any of our employees or agents);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of any of the provisions implied into these terms and conditions under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (or any other law), we will only be liable for any loss or damage that is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach of these terms and conditions. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time these terms and conditions are entered into. We are not responsible for indirect losses that happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not be liable for:
- your reliance on the information provided on the Sites;
- the transmission of viruses;
- the content of third party websites that are available via hyperlinks from the Sites;
- any service downtime or interruption; and
- any losses arising from or in connection with the operation of the Sites.
We shall apply the terms and conditions of use outlined herein in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of these terms, we may terminate or suspend your use of the Sites, assist law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these terms and conditions has any right to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
We seek to ensure that everyone that uses the Sites is treated fairly and is not in any way disadvantaged because of age, disability, race, gender, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity . To make sure this is the case; we monitor and report on our activities to ensure everyone is treated equally.
These terms are dated 26 March 2018. No changes to these terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on the Sites and by continuing to use and access the Sites following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.
We will try to resolve any disputes quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the way we deal with any dispute and you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Terms. Relevant laws of England and Wales will apply to these Terms.